Egypt Travel Restrictions and E-Visa
- Egypt will allow travellers who have received full doses of approved Corona virus vaccines to enter, without taking a (PCR) test.
- Travellers must provide certificates that include a QR Code stating that they have received full doses of one of the six “Covid 19” vaccines approved by Egypt and the World Health Organization.
- (Sinopharma, Sinovac, Sputnik, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and Moderna)
- Travellers must have received full doses at least two weeks before their arrival.
- PCR test is required in case of no vaccination certificates no more than 72 hours before the flight to Egypt.
- Travelers coming from countries affected by the mutated Corona virus are not exempted from taking the ID test even with their vaccination certificates.
Egypt Airport COVID-19 Procedures
- Temperature checks are in place at airports in Egypt.
- Travellers are required to wear a face mask at all times in the airport terminal.
- Passengers are also asked to maintain a safe distance between themselves and others, especially when boarding and disembarking the aircraft.
- The airport has set up hand sanitizing stations. Visitors should wash their hands or make use of the alcohol-based hand gel at regular intervals.
- At the airport passengers arriving from overseas will be asked to present the medical certificate, public health card, and proof of valid health insurance.
Applying for an Egypt Visa during COVID-19
- Egypt is open to tourism and the government is now issuing visas. The safest way to obtain a visa during the pandemic is by using the Egypt online visa system.
- Travellers from numerous countries can quickly obtain their electronic authorization to enter Egyptian territory:
- Guests are kindly required to check that they meet all the Egypt eVisa requirements before proceeding with the application.
- The e-Visa form is easy to complete, requiring just a few personal and passport information in addition to travel details. Visa fees are paid securely online using a debit or credit card.
- Once approved and issued, the Egypt visa is valid for 30 days which means that travelers have 1 month to enter the country for the first time.
- Travelers who are not eligible for the Egypt visa should contact their nearest embassy or consulate.